- This medicine is combination of two different drugs ceftriaxone and sulbactam as an active ingredient which belongs to a class of medicines known as third generation cephalosporins and it is indicated for the treatment of a wide range of bacterial infections such as infections of the brain (e.g. meningitis), lungs (e.g. pneumonia), ear, urinary tract, skin and soft tissues, bones and joints, blood, and heart.
- It is also useful in the treatment of severe or life-threatening forms of bacterial infections such as E. coli, pneumonia, or meningitis.
- This medicine is also used as a prophylactic medicine before any surgery to prevent infections during and after surgery.
- Sulbactam ingredient of this medicine prevents the resistance of bacteria for antibiotics and enhances the efficacy of ceftriaxone against bacteria.
- Antibiotics are substances produced by microorganisms, which selectively suppress the growth of or kill other microorganism at very low concentrations.
- Before using this medicine tell your doctor if you are allergic to any ingredients of this medicine or taking any other medicines or any other herbal preparations and food supplements. Use it in the dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- Treatment of Bacterial Infections
In Treatment of Bacterial Infections:
- This medicine helps you to fight against many different types of bacterial infections such as infections of the brain (e.g. meningitis), lungs (e.g. pneumonia), ear, urinary tract, skin & soft tissues, bones & joints, blood, and heart. At the same time sulbactam ingredient of this medicine also prevents the bacterial resistance and enhances efficacy of Ceftriaxone against bacteria.
- This medicine helps to shorten the duration of infections due to it’s bactericidal action against bacteria and makes you feel better within few days, but you should continue to take it as prescribed by your doctor to prevent the recurrence of infection and becoming it more severe, even if you feel better.
- This medicine also prevents the complications arises due to bacterial infections and shorten the duration of the disease to help you to return for your daily life activities more quickly.
Most adverse effects do not require any medical attention and disappear as soon as your body adjusts to the medicine. Additionally Consult your doctor if they persist for longer duration if causes any serious trouble.
Common Adverse Effects
- Abdominal pain
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Skin rash
- You can take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor, Moreover It should be taken with or without food at fixed time every day.
- Your doctor will decide the right dose for you, however this may vary from person to person depending on the infections being treated and many other factors like your weight, age etc.
- Do not try to cut or break the medicine with knife or by any other means, otherwise it may reduce the efficacy of your medicine. please take it as a whole and swallow with water.
- This medicine works by preventing synthesis of bacterial cell wall which is a protective covering and requires for the survival of bacteria. As a result, it kills the bacteria, and prevents the infection from spreading and becoming more severe.
It is safe to consume alcohol with this medicine for most of the people.
Pregnancy Safe if Prescribed
This medicine is probably safe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited data available for humans but animal studies have shown no or little harmful effects to the developing baby. your doctor may prescribe this medicine after weighing the benefits and any potential risk during pregnancy. Do not use this medicine until your doctor have prescribed it for you.
Breast Feeding Caution
This medicine should be used with caution during breastfeeding. It may partially passed through the mother milk and induce diarrhea and rash in some babies.
This medicine usually affects your ability to drive or operate machineries because it may causes dizziness and affects your alertness and vision.
Kidney Safe If Prescribed
This medicine is safe in patients suffering from renal disorders. Dose adjustment for these patients may not be needed.
This medicine should be used with caution in patients suffering from severe liver diseases. Dose adjustment for these patients may be needed under an expert supervision. Please take an expert consultation. Immediately inform your doctor if you experience any signs of jaundice.
If you miss a dose of this medicine, please take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and adhere on your regular schedule. Do not double the dose for adjusting the missed dose at very short interval, otherwise you may experience some serious side effects.
Tell your physician if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, herbal preparations, including medicines obtained without prescription because taking this medicine with any of these can modify the effect of either of them and cause some serious side effects:
- Antibiotic such as chloramphenicol
- aminoglycoside antibiotics (amikacin, streptomycin, neomycin and gentamicin)
- Diuretic such as furosemide
- Estrogens (Ethinyl estradiol)
- Immuno-suppressant (cyclosporine)
- Penicillin antibiotics (Mezlocillin and Azlocillin)
- Vaccines (Cholera vaccine)
Use probiotics along with this medicine to restore the useful bacteria in gut flora.
- Habit Forming: No
- Therapeutic class: Antimicrobial
- You can take probiotics along with this medicine to get relief from antibiotic induced diarrhea.
- Taking this medicine with food and plenty of fluids can prevent gastric upset due to this medicine.
- Always inform your doctor about your all prescription as well as herbal preparation medicines, before using this medicine.
- Always complete your full course of antibiotics as directed by your doctor even if you feel better. Stopping this medicine earlier can worsen the infection and make it harder to treat.
- Immediately stop to take this medicine if you are feeling any severe allergic reactions like edema of the face, throat or tongue, breathing difficulties, severe skin rashes etc.
- Store in a cool and dry place below 30°C away from direct sunlight, Also Keeps away from the out of reach of children.