- Orahex DG Mouthwash have Chlorhexidine Gluconate 0.20% W/V, Sodium Fluoride 0.05% W/V and zinc chloride 0.09% W/V as active ingredients which belongs to a class of medicines known as antiseptic and antiplaque agents.
- It is primarily used to treat gingivitis and mucositis. Gingivitis is the infection and inflammation of your gums causing gum bleeding.
- This mouthwash is also used for the treatment of advanced periodontitis which is the next sequel of gingivitis if left untreated. Gingivitis and periodontitis are collectively known as pyorrhea in common language.
- Chlorhexidine gluconate ingredient of Orahex DG mouthwash have bactericidal action which kills the microorganisms causing infections of gum and mouth.
- Sodium fluoride ingredient of This mouthwash works by making the teeth stronger and preventing decay (cavity) causing bacteria on tooth surfaces.
- Zinc Chloride ingredient has an antiseptic (prevents the growth of microorganisms), and astringent action (tightening of soft tissues of mouth).
- All of the ingredients of This Mouthwash works collectively to maintain oral hygiene and makes your smile healthy.
- Chlorhexidine gluconate 0.20 %W/V
- Sodium fluoride 0.05 %W/V
- Zinc chloride 0.09 %W/V
- Treatment of Gingivitis and Mucositis
- Management of bad odour of mouth
In Treatment of Gingivitis And Mucositis:
Orahex DG Mouthwash is very beneficial in the treatment of gingivitis and mucositis due to it’s bactericidal action against causative microorganisms, Thus this mouthwash maintains your overall oral hygiene and boost your confidence by providing a healthy shiny smile.
In management of bad odour of mouth:
This mouthwash also prevents the incidence of bad smell from mouth because it kills the responsible microorganism for bad odour, At the same time this mouthwash also refreshes your breath.
Most adverse effects do not require any medical attention and disappear as soon as you discontinue the use of This Mouthwash. Consult your dentist if they persist for longer duration or if causes any serious trouble.
- Mild Taste Alteration
- Staining of teeth and tongue
- Rapid bactericidal action against oral microorganisms
- Less chances of teeth staining due to it’s DG system with compare to normal chlorhexidine mouthwashes.
It works by binding to the surfaces of teeth, inner cheeks and gums. This kills the infectious microorganisms that causes gum disease, ulcers, and other mouth infections.
- Do not dilute with water and Rinse your mouth thoroughly with This Mouthwash for at least 1 minutes twice a day in the morning and night (before going to sleep) or as recommended by your dentist or physician.
- Do not Rinse your mouth with water for at least 15 minutes after using it.
- Do not swallow it and spit it out.
- For dental use only.
Alcohol Not Known
There is no sufficient data available for interaction between alcohol with This Mouthwash.
Pregnancy Not Known
Orahex DG Mouthwash falls under pregnancy risk category B. It is not known whether it will harm the baby. So, take it only if prescribed by a doctor and if risks outweigh the benefits.
Breast Feeding Not Known
- It is not known whether This Mouthwash passes into breastmilk. So, breastfeeding women should take this mouthwash only if recommended by a doctor.
Orahex DG Mouthwash does not affects your ability to drive or operate heavy machineries.
Orahex DG Mouthwash is safe to use for patients having kidney diseases.
This mouthwash is safe to use in patients having liver problems. No dose adjustment is necessary for these patients.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Store below 30°C in a cool dry place.
- Do not freeze.
- Replace cap tightly after every use.
- Brush your teeth twice daily in the morning and night for maximum benefit.
- Do not eat anything after brushing your teeth in night so It is a good idea to brush your teeth just before going to sleep in night.
- Use Orahex DG Mouthwash daily before going to sleep.
- Brush all the surfaces of your teeth to get maximum benefit.
- Medicines.org.uk. 2021. Care Chlorhexidine Digluconate 0.2% w/v Antiseptic Mouthwash – Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) – (emc), [Accessed 03 December 2021]. [online] Available at:
- ICPA Health Products Ltd. 2021. Hexidine – Chlorhexidine Gluconate Solution (0.2%). [Accessded 03 December 2021]. [online] Available at: