- This medicine have two drugs amlodipine and telmisartan. They both are antihypertensive drugs and control high blood pressure.
- The combination of these drugs relaxes the smooth muscles of blood vessels and thus decreases resistance offered by walls of these blood vessels against circulating blood, so blood pressure drops. At the same time it will reduce your risk of having a heart attack or a stroke.
- High blood pressure or hypertension is a condition when your circulatory blood exerted excessive pressure beyond the predetermined normal limit on the walls of the circulatory system like arteries and veins. Although normal blood pressure for a person depends on many factors like age, sex, weight, still there is predefined standard normal limit of 120/80 mm of Hg.
- Management of Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
In Hypertension (Blood Pressure):
- Both of the drug combination used in this medicine works together to control high blood pressure by relaxing the smooth muscles of blood vessels and make it easier for your heart to pump blood around your body.
- As we discussed it relaxes your blood vessels and your heart can easily pump blood around your body, so it decreases your chance for stroke, heart attack and kidney problems.
- You need to take this medicine as long as prescribed by your doctor because it works in long term to keep you well.
Most adverse effects do not require any medical attention and disappear as soon as your body adjusts to the medicine. Additionally Consult your doctor if they persist for longer duration if causes any serious trouble.
Common Adverse Effects:
- Abdominal cramps
- Cold Hands or feet
- Reduced blood pressure
- You can take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor, Moreover It should be taken with or without food at fixed time every day.
- Your doctor will decide the right dose for you, however this may change over time depending on your blood pressure levels and many other factors.
- Do not try to cut or break this medicine with knife or by any other means, otherwise it may reduce the efficacy of your medicine. please take it as a whole and swallow with water.
- Earlier we have discussed this medicine is the combination of two drugs : Amlodipine and Telmisartan.
- Telmisartan is an Angiotensin Receptor Blocker (ARB) and Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker (CCB).
- They both work by relaxing the blood vessels and create an environment in which heart can pump blood throughout body with more efficiency.
Please be cautious while consuming this medicine along with alcohol. Consumption of alcohol with this medicine may increase your chances of serious side effects.
Pregnancy Expert Consultation Required
- Amlodipine ingredient of this medicine is listed in pregnancy category C and Telmisartan ingredient of this medicine is listed in pregnancy category D, which means this medicine may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
- Available clinical data suggests there are definite evidence of risk on the developing baby present if this medicine is consumed during pregnancy.
- Your doctor could prescribe this medicine in some life threatening situations after weigh the benefits and potential risks, so consult your doctor.
Breast Feeding Expert Consultation Required
This medicine is probably safe to use for breast feeding moms. Limited available human data suggests that it does not represent any harmful effect on baby.
This medicine may affect your ability to drive or use machines. If the tablet make you feel sick, dizzy or tired, or give you a headache, Please Do not drive or operate machineries and consult your doctor.
Kidney Safe If Prescribed
- This Medicine is safe to use for patients suffering from kidney disorders. Usually there is no need to adjust the dose of this medicine for these patients.
This medicine should be used with caution for patients suffering from liver diseases. Dose adjustment under expert supervision is necessary for these patients.
If you miss a dose of this medicine, please take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and adhere on your regular schedule. Do not double the dose for adjusting the missed dose at very short interval, otherwise you may experience some serious side effects.
Tell your physician if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, herbal preparations, including medicines obtained without prescription because taking this medicine with any of these can modify the effect of either of them and cause some serious side effects:
- digoxin (Lanoxin)
- Analgesic medicines such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), including COX-2 inhibitors
- Ramipril or other antihypertensive medicines
- water pills (diuretics)
- Habit Forming: No
- Therapeutic class: Antihypertensive Drugs
- Take this medicine at the same time everyday for effective management of your blood pressure.
- Initially when you start taking this tablet, it can suddenly drop your BP. To reduce the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, you should change your position slowly from sitting or lying down to standing position.
- Raise your legs while you are sitting down. This way you can reduce the ankle or foot swelling caused by side effects due to this medicine.
- Always inform your doctor about your all prescription as well as herbal preparations, before using this medicine.
- Store in a cool and dry place below 30°C away from direct sunlight, Also Keeps away from the out of reach of children.
- European Medicines Agency. Telmisartan + amlodipine. [Accessed 20 Jul. 2021] (online) Available from:
- Amlodipine besylate. New York, New York: Pfizer; 2011. [Accessed 20 Jul. 2021] (online) Available from:
- Telmisartan. Ingelheim, Germany: Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma KG; 1998. [Accessed 19 Jul. 2021] (online) Available from: